The Second Chamber is one of the congressional chambers of the Southern Arc Islands. It is comprised of 100 seats, elected through a nationwide vote. The largest party in the Second Chamber is currently the Social-Green Party (the incumbent party), led by Lionel Sheraldin (the incumbent Prime Minister).
The Second Chamber was formed in the 1985 electoral reform, which saw a shift from the unicameral National Council to the current bicameral parliament. Since 1995, it is allowed for one individual to be a member of both the First and Second Chambers simultaneously.
Composition of the Second ChamberEdit
See Second Chamber/Compositions for a list of historical compositions. The leader of each party is listed in parentheses.
- Social-Green Party (Lionel Sheraldin) - 24 seats
- Social Democratic Party (Warwick Samuelson) - 21 seats
- Centre-Right Party (Christine Fletcher) - 11 seats
- Orova Party (Maria Ossatook) - 9 seats
- Liberal Party (Stephanie Child) - 7 seats
- Communist Party (Edward Whitaker) - 5 seats
- Our Land Party (George Tuuvok) - 5 seats
- Wogmann Party (Peter Wogmann) - 4 seats
- Nature Party - 2 seats
- Pirate Party - 2 seats
- United Christian Front - 2 seats
- Alliance for Orova Freedom - 1 seat
- Orova Christians - 1 seat
- Orova Regionalist Party - 1 seat
- Rojas Party (Julio Rojas) - 1 seat
- Independents - 4 seats